Thursday, September 25, 2008

Microsoft asks us to use Linux for data recovery

I have hated Windows in the past, now I hate Linux. But just like everything else, I stick to things I hate. At least come back to them once in a while.
I had been wondering if it was time to go back to Windows. The crap system where I needed to install and update:
1. Eset Nod32 Antivirus
2. Comodo Firewall
3. Spybot Search & Destroy
4. CCleaner
and various other software for security alone. Plus I need to increase the piracy :(
But I changed my decision. Why?
The http://port25.technet.com/ Microsoft's open source community asks us to use Linux for data recovery if the Windows doesn't boot.
In one of the blogs (I lost the link) they pointed out Linux operating system (Live CD/ USB) could be used in order to recover the data or fix the Windows in most cases. At least the data can be recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment