Saturday, June 2, 2012

All beautiful things end in sadness, why?

Why do all beautiful things have to end in sadness?

Have you ever thought of it? I wonder from time to time. It was just this morning I was thinking about it in the shower and I realized the reason.

But first, let me tell you about one of my mathematics teachers in 10+2. His name was Deepak Niraula. Amazing character, funny, motivating. Almost everything a mathematics teacher never is. He used to give us a lot of problems to solve and used to recite his worn off line "The sum of sukha (happiness) and dukha (sadness) is constant, so if you solve these problems now, you'll be happy during exams."

Well that's the answer to the question we have. Because the sum of happiness and sadness is constant in various phases in life. And because the beautiful thing has already carried over happiness from the later part of the phase, it ends with the remaining part of the equation i.e. sadness. 

1 comment: